Pinches sentence example
- See further, Pinches, Old Test.
- Heavy pinches are applied at first, the space between the rolls being diminished by a hand-screw of ter each passage of the bars through them.
- But all attempts to harmonize the scheme of dynasties thus ascribed to Berossus with the list given us in the so-called dynastic Tablets discovered by Dr Pinches have been failures.
- Pinches, which gave a synopsis of Babylonian history from a Babylonian point of view, and was compiled in the reign of Darius.
- Pinches has pointed out' that Shumer may be a dialectic form of an as yet unestablished non-Semitic form, Shenger, just as the non-Semitic word dimmer, " god," is equivalent to another form, dingir.Advertisement
- After fusing a panful of colored glass, it was sampled by taking pinches out with tongs; when perfectly combined it was left to cool in the pan, as with modern optical glass.
- Pinches gave the equivalent Gilgamesh (see Jastrow, Religion of Babylonia and Assyria, p. 468).
- Pinches is distinguished by its non-mythical character; in particular, the 11 West, Pahlavi Texts (S.B.E.), vol.
- It could mean the difference between a corset that fits and one that drags down the bust or pinches.
- Naturally, you don't want to wear anything that pinches or digs into you while you're wearing it.Advertisement
- The parent or child sprinkles the product onto a swab and coats the nostril then pinches the nose for 15 to 20 seconds.
- No matter what adult dance costume you are interested in wearing, be sure to check out the costumes' fit with whatever undergarments you plan to wear to avoid unsightly lines, pinches or discomfort.
- No more strapping into an ill-fitting bra that pinches and distributes the body unevenly.
- This view is based on Dr Pinches's discovered list in which Sapatti is called the 15th day (Proc. of the Soc. of Biblical Arch., p. 51 foll.).
- A remarkable Babylonian tablet discovered by Dr Pinches represents Marduk, the god of light, as identified in his person with all the chief deities of Babylonia, who are evidently regarded as his varying manifestations.'Advertisement
- When the bars are nearly to gauge, light pinches are given, the power required by finishing rolls being about 5 h.p. only.