Pimpernel sentence example
- Flushes on the acidic Barden and Blubberhouses moors are home to bog pimpernel and bog pondweed.
- Less common specialities of these boggy areas include bog pimpernel, bog asphodel, round-leaved sundew and pale butterwort.
- To the SOE, the Lysander was known as the ' scarlet pimpernel of the air ' .
- In damper areas lesser celandine is followed by ransoms, or wild garlic and yellow pimpernel can be found.
- Scarlet Pimpernel, beautiful colored scarlet with a purple eye in pairs that close in the afternoon.Advertisement
- It was the name of a classic Western starring Robert Mitchum and the title of a book about the swashbuckling hero "The Scarlet Pimpernel" by Baroness Orczy.
- The flowers are solitary in the leaf-axils as in pimpernel, money-wort, &c., or umbelled as in primrose, where the umbel is sessile, and cowslip, where it is stalked, or in racemes or spikes as in species of Lysimachia.