Piloted sentence example
- Elizabeth had in fact safely piloted England through the struggle to assert its national independence in religion and politics and its claim to a share in the new inheritance Last which had been opened up for the nations of Europe; Eflzabeth.
- On his return journey he joined a considerable body of emigrants on their way to Oregon and piloted them across the mountains.
- This simple beginning piloted thirty-three years later to a world-dominated sports empire.
- He played a key role in introducing the first drug arrest referral scheme which was initially piloted at Oxford custody.
- In addition, the CITB have just successfully piloted a fast-track NVQ level 2 for experienced roofers.Advertisement
- The twin seat trainer variant of the Typhoon aircraft was piloted by Squadron Leader Dave Fellowes of XXX Squadron, based at Warton.
- The fleet of Federation starships, piloted by members of Starfleet who are largely from Earth, are the most prominent on the Star Trek series.
- The bill was drawn and piloted on the lines thus indicated, and became law on the 26th of July.
- Wade of Ohio, who had piloted the bill through the Senate, in issuing the so-called "WadeDavis Manifesto," which violently denounced President Lincoln for encroaching on the domain of Congress and insinuated that the presidential policy would leave slavery unimpaired in the reconstructed states.
- In a straggling procession the boats worked their way up to Korti, piloted by Canadian voyageurs.Advertisement
- All through his life he navigated the Transcendental sea, piloted by a clear moral sense, warned off the rocks by the saving grace of humour, and kept from capsizing by a good ballast of New England prudence.
- The reformed doctrines were readily accepted in Strassburg about 1523, its foremost champion here being Martin Bucer, and the city was skilfully piloted through the ensuing period of religious dissensions by Jacob Sturm von Sturmeck, who secured for it very favourable terms at the end of the war of the league of Schmalkalden.
- In Papua New Guinea a draft core curriculum on IE has been developed for all primary teachers ' colleges which is currently being piloted.
- With a grim yet somewhat optimistic determination, DD piloted the car through the narrow lanes west of Bury.
- It has just been reported that miniature fighter planes piloted by specially trained circus midgets, have flown several shorties against Iraq today.Advertisement
- Marya Ignatevna Peronskaya, a thin and shallow maid of honor at the court of the Dowager Empress, who was a friend and relation of the countess and piloted the provincial Rostovs in Petersburg high society, was to accompany them to the ball.
- The man who piloted her across the river stayed in the sub, and she and Jack climbed out.