Pilocarpine sentence example
- Do not employ such physiological antagonists as pilocarpine or morphine, for the lethal actions of all these drugs exhibit not mutual antagonism but coincidence.
- Pilocarpine has an action closely allied to that of nicotine, but as it is much less poisonous (the effects produced by small doses being chiefly excessive sweating and salivation), it is capable of being utilized in medicine.
- Muscarine has a very close resemblance in action to pilocarpine.
- Preliminary data indicate that stress can increase lithium pilocarpine toxicity in rats.
- Pretreatment with the M2 receptor agonist pilocarpine increased histamine PC20, at baseline, indicating normal function of the neuronal M2 muscarinic receptor.Advertisement
- Atropine is often of value as an antidote, as in poisoning by pilocarpine, muscarine (mushroom poisoning), prussic acid, &c.
- In this test, a small amount of the drug pilocarpine is placed on the skin.
- A very small electrical current is then applied to the area, which drives the pilocarpine into the skin.
- Two gauze pads, one soaked in salt water or bicarbonate and the other in pilocarpine, a drug that stimulates sweating, are placed under the electrodes.
- A tiny electric current is applied to the skin for five to ten minutes to carry the pilocarpine into the skin.Advertisement
- A dry piece of filter paper is taped to the area where the pilocarpine was applied.