Pilaster sentence example
- A stonemason carved the Roman letters H IIII into this stone pilaster.
- Here a pilaster forming the back of the figure receives a Corinthian capital, upon which the architrave rests; and the figures merely brace up the pilaster.
- Each stalactite, stalagmite and pilaster was measured, numbered, and removed in sections.
- The use of brick led to the early development of the pilaster and column, as well as of frescoes and enamelled tiles.
- That which is inscribed with the name of "Midas the King" is the most remarkable example of one class, in which a large perpendicular surface of rock is covered with a geometrical pattern of squares, crosses and maeanders, surmounted by a pediment supported in the centre by a pilaster in low relief.Advertisement