Pignut sentence example
- The former forests of the state were of two general classes: on the bottom lands along the rivers grew cottonwood, willow, honey-locust, coffee trees, black ash, and elm; on the less heavily wooded uplands were oaks (white, red, yellow and bur), hickory (bitternut and pignut), white and green ash, butternut, ironwood and hackberry.
- The herbs include pignut, adder's-tongue, ribwort plantain, and red clover with yellow rattle, bulbous buttercup and orchids.
- Plants present in the grassland include pignut, harebell, kidney vetch and several orchids including greater butterfly orchid.
- Specialities of the reserve: meadow thistle, heath spotted orchid, pignut.
- Best sites are with long grass and lots of wildflowers particularly with birds foot trefoil and pignut.Advertisement
- Specialities of the reserve: Meadow thistle, heath spotted orchid, pignut.