Picotees sentence example
- One whole summer, sometimes two, must elapse before the layers will be fully rooted in the case of woody plants; but such plants as carnations and picotees, which are usually propagated in this way, in favourable seasons take only a few weeks to root, as they are layered towards the end of the blooming season in July, and are taken off and planted separately early in the autumn.
- Increase roses and American shrubs, by layering, budding or cuttings, and go on with the layering of carnations and picotees.
- Propagate all sorts of herbaceous plants by rooted slips or suckers; take off layers of carnations, picotees and pansies.
- Continue the propagation of herbaceous plants, taking off the layers of carnations, picotees, pansies and chrysanthemums, by the end of the month; choice carnations and picotees may be potted and wintered in cold frames if the season is wet and ungenial.
- Plant Houses, Frames, &c. - Carnations and picotees in pots must be kept rather dry to prevent damping off.Advertisement