Phytoestrogens sentence example
- Phytoestrogens are natural plant compounds which have a similarity to human estrogens are natural plant compounds which have a similarity to human estrogens.
- As well as phytoestrogens, soya contains protease inhibitors which have been shown to block cancer-causing protease enzymes.
- The most important way to alter hormone levels may be by eating more phytoestrogens.
- One of the richest sources of phytoestrogens is soy products, such as tofu.
- Additionally, many supplements can be found that contain black cohosh (Cimicifugaracemosa) or dong quai (Angelica sinensis), which are herbs high in phytoestrogens.Advertisement
- Red clover (Trifolium pratense), alfalfa (Medicago sativa), licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra), hops (Humulus lupulus), and legumes are also high in phytoestrogens.
- Increasing the consumption of phytoestrogens is also associated with decreased risks of osteoporosis, cancer, and heart disease.
- Maintaining a good diet, one low in sugars and fats and high in phytoestrogens and complex carbohydrates, may prevent some of the symptoms of PMS.
- Consuming foods, such as soy products, that are good sources of phytoestrogens may provide relief of PMS symptoms.