Phthalic-anhydride sentence example
- A notable example is provided by the phthaleins, which result by the condensation of phthalic anhydride with phenols.
- Dorp (Ber.,1874,7,P.578) obtained orthobenzoyl benzoic acid by heating phthalic anhydride with benzene in the presence of aluminium chloride.
- Anthragallol is synthetically prepared by the condensation of benAoic and gallic acids with sulphuric acid OH i [[Cooh + I 10h - 2h20+ Hooc /Oh]] or from pyrogallol and phthalic anhydride in the presence of sulphuric acid or zinc chloride.
- Phthalimide, C6H4(CO)2NH, is formed by heating phthalic anhydride or chloride in ammonia gas or by molecular rearrangement of ortho-cyanbenzoic acid.
- Unlike resorcin it does not give a fluorescein with phthalic anhydride.Advertisement
- Koppers makes carbon pitch, coal tar distillates, and phthalic anhydride and ships products to customers in rail cars.