Phosphate rock sentence example
- Although the economic value of the phosphate deposits was first realized about 1889, between 1894 and 1907 Florida produced, each year, more than half of all the phosphate rock produced in the whole United States, the yield of Florida (1,357,365 long tons) in 1907 being valued at $ 6, 577,757; that of the whole country at $10,653,558.
- Two varieties of phosphate rock are recognized in these districts, viz.
- Glass and other sands and gravel ($13,270,032), lime ($11,091,186), phosphate rock ($10,653,558), salt ($7,553,632), natural mineral waters ($7,287,269), sulphur ($6,668,215, almost wholly from Louisiana), slate ($6,316,8 I7), gypsum ($4,138,560), clay ($2,599,986), asphalt ($1,888,881), talc and soapstone ($1,401,222), borax ($975,000, all from California), and pyrite ($857,113) were the next most important products in 1908.
- In the yield of gypsum, phosphate rock and salt the United States leads the world.
- Large quantities of phosphate rock were formerly shipped from here.Advertisement
- The minerals of most commercial importance are coal, iron ores, copper ores, marble and phosphate rock.
- In1892-1893large deposits of phosphate rock of high quality were discovered in the central-southern part of the state about 60 m.