Philosophy-of-mind sentence example
- In 1866 the chair of the philosophy of mind and logic in University College, London, fell vacant, and Martineau became a candidate.
- It is a philosophy of substantial things, standing as a via media between a philosophy of the supernatural and a philosophy of mind.
- The third part of the system is the Philosophy of Mind.
- He took a keen interest in all the work of the college, presented to it the Marmor Homericum, and finally bequeathed the reversion of £6000 for the endowment of a chair of philosophy of mind and logic. The emoluments of this sum were, however, to be held over and added to the principal if at any time the holder of the chair should be "a minister of the Church of England or of any other religious persuasion."
- In 1866 he was appointed professor of philosophy of mind and logic at University College, London.Advertisement
- His more general research interests include metaphysics, the philosophy of mind and Early Modern Philosophy, especially Descartes and Locke.