Phenytoin sentence example
- Targets include other AEDs, particularly phenytoin, phenobarbitone, carbamazepine epoxide, and lamotrigine.
- Phenytoin may also raise the serum glucose level in diabetic patients.
- A predominantly sensory peripheral polyneuropathy has been observed in patients receiving long-term phenytoin therapy.
- Dilantin Capsules contain phenytoin sodium 30 mg and 100 mg.
- Phenytoin (300 mg once daily) decreased the C max and AUC tau of voriconazole by 49% and 69 %, respectively.Advertisement
- Large doses may also decrease the effects of phenytoin (Dilantin), a seizure medication.
- After surgery, anticonvulsant drugs such as phenytoin may help control or prevent seizures, which can begin as late as two years after the head injury.
- Anticonvulsant drugs, including phenytoin, are used to control seizures.
- Phenytoin is used both to control epileptic seizures and to control irregular heart beats.
- Hydantoins, the class that includes phenytoin, mephenytoin, and ethotoin, seem to work by reducing the flow of sodium into and out of nerve cells.Advertisement
- This fact is particularly relevant to phenytoin, which comes in liquid, chewable tablets, short-acting capsules and long-acting capsules.
- Drugs such as phenytoin (Dilantin) and carbamazepine (Tegretol) are prescribed to treat the pain associated with nerve damage.
- Care should be used in combining SSRIs with major or minor tranquilizers or with anti-epileptic agents such as phenytoin (Dilantin) or carbamazepine (Tegretol).
- These drugs include zidovudine (Retrovir), phenytoin (Dilantin), and azathioprine (Imuran).