Phenylpropanolamine sentence example
- If your medicine contains phenylpropanolamine it will be stated on the list of ingredients on the label or leaflet.
- Decongestants-A group of medications, such as pseudoephedrine, phenylephrine, and phenylpropanolamine, that shrink blood vessels and consequently mucus membranes.
- For example, taking caffeine with the decongestant phenylpropanolamine can raise blood pressure.
- The generic names of common decongestants include phenylephrine, phenylpropanolamine, pseudoephedrine, and in nasal sprays naphazoline, oxymetazoline, and xylometazoline.
- Appetite suppressants, including Dexatrim and Acutrim, usually contain a chemical called phenylpropanolamine (PPA).Advertisement
- The chemical phenylpropanolamine which acts similarly to an amphetamine has been associated with severe side effects such as bleeding of the brain.