Phenomenal-world sentence example
- It is upon this in the last resort that the distinction between the phenomenal world of our experience and a noumenal world beyond it is founded.
- His arguments were drawn from the dialectic which the Eleatics had directed against the existence of the phenomenal world.
- The system thus embraces three heads - (i) the primeval Being, (2) the ideal world and the soul, (3) the phenomenal world.
- Then the soul, a moving essence, generates the corporeal or phenomenal world.
- But in the actual phenomenal world unity and harmony are replaced by strife and discord; the result is a conflict, a becoming and vanishing, an illusive existence.Advertisement
- In the phenomenal world then, there are, it has been thought [and Parmenides accepts the theory, which appears to be of Pythagorean origin], two primary elements - namely, fire, which is gentle, thin, homogeneous, and night, which is dark, thick, heavy.
- But in contrast with the phenomenal world governed by empirical laws Kant sets the noumenal and intelligible world in which by a timeless act of will man is free to accept the moral command of an unconditional imperative for no reason other than its own rational necessity as the deliverance of his highest nature.