Phantoms sentence example
- Like the other schiomachists of their epoch, they fought with phantoms in a visionary realm.
- Again, the funeral offerings of food, clothing, weapons, &c., to the dead are absolutely intelligible and purposeful among savage races, who believe that the souls of the departed are ethereal beings capable of consuming food, and of receiving and using the souls or phantoms of any objects sacrificed for their use.
- Of the others some were passing phantoms, and the records of the later times of the kingdom are so obscure that we cannot be sure of knowing the names of all who perished by violence.
- Conventional SPECT data was also acquired for these phantoms using the camera's scintillation detector with a lead collimator.
- Volumatic data was validated to an accuracy of 1.1% using glass phantoms.Advertisement
- At the same time, this concern with academic credibility is just surely chasing phantoms.
- The figure below shows the experimental set-up used for the detection of photothermal responses of gelatin tissue phantoms.
- Sometimes the spirits were summoned to appear as did the phantoms of the Greek heroes to Odysseus; sometimes they were called to enter a crystal (see Crystal-Gazing); sometimes they are merely asked to declare the future or communicate by moving external objects without taking a visible form; thus among the Karens at the close of the burial ceremonies the ghost of the dead man, which is said to hover round till the rites are completed, is believed to make a ring swing round and snap the string from which it hangs.
- To develop realistic UWB tissue simulant materials to enable construction of useful phantoms for further development of imaging.
- It seems that when children grow up, they can see and be seen by 'spectres', ghastly phantoms that destroy their souls and leave them zombies.Advertisement