Phaeton sentence example
- The phaeton was full of people and there was a doubt as to where Count Peter could sit.
- With Dekker Ford also wrote the mask of The Sun's Darling; or, as seems most probable, they founded this production upon Phaeton, an earlier mask, of which Dekker had been sole author.
- He bought the phaeton and horses, and I only lost thirty sequins by the transaction.
- A low phaeton, with a nice little pair of ponies, would be the very thing.
- My dream vehicle would be to have a spider phaeton or one of those comfy looking marathon carriages.Advertisement
- His principal works are: Poemes de prison (1875), written during his detention, Soirs de bataille (1883); Jours de combat (1883); and Le Travail (1889); the novels, Madame Phaeton (1885) and Monsieur le gendarme (1891); and the dramas, Une etoile (1888) and Le sommeil de Danton (1888).
- In the carriages, the caleche, and the phaeton, all crossed themselves as they passed the church opposite the house.
- The Greeks mythologised it as the tears of Apollos daughters, solidified when they cried for their dead brother Phaeton.
- A spider phaeton was a lighter version of a phaeton, having narrower, spindly wheels and two-seat accommodation.