Petechiae sentence example
- Bleeding into the skin takes the form of purpura or petechiae.
- Petechiae occur over buboes or on the abdomen, but they are not very common, except in fatal cases, when they appear shortly before death.
- The serous membranes show petechiae and haemorrhages.
- Bruising, purpura and petechiae have also been reported.
- Purpura, a purplish or reddish-brown rash or discoloration of the skin, and petechiae, small round pinpoint hemorrhages, are both caused by the leakage of blood from tiny capillaries under the skin.Advertisement
- In addition to purpura and petechiae, spontaneous bruises may occur.
- If ITP is suspected, the doctor will examine the child's skin for bruises, purpuric areas, or petechiae.
- General care may include asking parents to watch for bruising, petechiae, or other signs of recurrence.
- The first signs of the infection's severity are small bleeding spots seen on the skin (petechiae).
- A doctor should always suspect meningococcemia when he or she finds an acutely ill patient with fever, chills, and petechiae.Advertisement
- In this new stage they are called petechiae, which are tiny areas of bleeding under the skin (pinpoint hemorrhages).
- Over the next several days, the individual petechiae may spread into each other, resulting in larger patches of hemorrhage.
- This action accounts for the production of petechiae.