Perversity sentence example
- But except for this single instance of oversight or perversity her defence was throughout a masterpiece of indomitable ingenuity, of delicate and steadfast courage, of womanly dignity and genius.
- It is impatience, a perversity of will, that is the cause of error.
- He still, however, had no lack of patrons - he never had - though his perversity made him quarrel with all in turn.
- It should be observed that examples have been given of every kind of mighty work referred to in the reply of Jesus to the messengers of the Baptist; and that in the discourse which follows their departure the perversity and unbelief of the people generally are condemned, and the faith of the humble-minded is contrasted therewith.
- And there is no more extraordinary thing in the history of opinion than the perversity with which Comte has succeeded in clothing a philosophic doctrine, so intrinsically conciliatory as his, in a shape that excites so little sympathy and gives so much provocation.Advertisement
- This shows the perversity of the strict rules enshrined in the Children Act.
- Jacob expresses the tension between human perversity and divine love.
- Joly de Fleury and DOrmesson, Neckers successors, pushed their narrow spirit of reaction and the temerity of their inexperience to the furthest limit; but the reaction which reinforced the privileged classes was not sufficient to fill the coffers of the treasury, and Marie Antoinette, who seemed gifted with a fatal perversity of instinct, confided the finances of the kingdom to Calonne, an upper-class official and a veritable Cagliostro of finance.
- It can be in the bleakest story but I don't buy total perversity, utter perversity without hope.
- It also produces emotional perversity and sudden inexplicable changes in moods.Advertisement
- Update: I'm sticking with the original script for the moment from sheer perversity.
- But by the time the Morton brothers find them they have been caught up in a world of sexual perversity and fantasy.
- So is there an element of wilful perversity at work in Yo La Tengo?
- But Rousseau's shyness or his perversity (as before, probably both) made him disobey the command.
- We therefore do him the injustice of mistaking his infirmity for perversity.Advertisement
- But philosophical critics of his own and a later day are not hereby absolved from a certain perversity in interpreting these doctrines in a sense precisely opposite to that in which they were intended.
- (1225), who described it as "swarming with worms of heretical perversity," and by Gregory XIII.