Perversely sentence example
- Perversely in 1988 I didn't choose to buy or even scrounge a tape of the widely lauded Daydream Nation album.
- Brilliantly marketed, and, rather perversely, often lauded by exactly the same kind of people who condemn Disney as the evil empire.
- The stint in jail, perversely enough, added to his allure.
- A more serious defect was his practice of violently assailing philosophers, economists and men of science, of whom he knew almost nothing, and whom he perversely misunderstood: men such as Adam Smith, Comte, Mill, Spencer, Darwin and all who followed them.
- This school flourished at a time when medieval thought was directed to the ancient philosophy of Plato and Aristotle, and had perversely come to regard Aristotle as merely the founder of abstract logic and formal intellectualism, as opposed to Plato whose doctrine of Ideas seemed to tend in a naturalistic direction.Advertisement