Perused sentence example
- Fred perused the article.
- As soon as they were seated, Cynthia perused the menu, bit her lip and ordered manhattans for both of them.
- Dean shrugged his shoulders and perused the reports, hoping the young man would take a hint and leave.
- He studiously perused the biking catalogs for the additional gear he would need for the trek and crossed his fingers he'd chosen correctly.
- Jackson perused the room.Advertisement
- All four perused the menu judiciously, with father and mother occasionally offering comments and explanations.
- While Dean stretched his muscles and alternated between bites of peanut butter sandwich and a banana, Fred perused the rest of the master lists.
- The old man perused the wine menu with a studious eye, mispronouncing the items with enough of a smile so you never knew if he was kidding or ignorant.
- If you have ever perused the Internet or a magazine for a list of the best Christmas movies, but the criteria for how some titles make that list is questionable.
- Molly accepted our excuse we were looking for someone without explanation as perused our first campground, unsuccessfully.Advertisement
- Viewers watched as customers selected a worker and perused a menu of sex activities.
- You've joined a mailing list, you've perused an archive, you are interested in the fan-written fiction for the series you follow obsessively.