Persuasiveness sentence example
- He had a great reputation as an orator, and is characterized by Ennius as "the quintessence of persuasiveness" (suadae medulla).
- In his persuasiveness as an orator and his charming personality lay the secret of his power.
- Its natural form is the aphorism, and to this and to its epigrammatic brilliance, vigour, and uncompromising revolt against all conventions in science and conduct it owes its persuasiveness.
- Undoubtedly, there are more non-profits than grants available, and so courses should focus on both the quality and persuasiveness of your writing.
- Useful compulsory laws regarding the details of train management are difficult to frame and hard to carry out; but the Board has exercised a persistent persuasiveness and has secured most of its objects.Advertisement
- There have been many more effective orators, for lack of imaginative suppleness prevented him from penetrating to the inner mind of his hearers; defects in delivery weakened the intrinsic persuasiveness of his reasoning; and he had not that commanding authority of character and personality which has so often been the secret of triumphant eloquence.
- Being superior to physical suffering, it sometimes chanced that they were superior to any consolation which the missionaries could offer; and the law to do as you would be done by fell with less persuasiveness on the ears of those who, for their part, did not care how they were done by, who loved their enemies after a new fashion, and came very near freely forgiving them all they did.
- He spoke as if those bullets could not kill him, and his half-closed eyes gave still more persuasiveness to his words.