Personae sentence example
- Modern critics would place his birth later, - between 444 and 436 B.C.,- because, in Plato's Republic, of which the scene is laid about 430 B.C., Cephalus, the father of Lysias, is among the dramatis personae, and the emigration of Lysias to Thurii was said to have followed his father's death.
- The number and variety of its dramatis personae give it the liveliest interest throughout.
- There are reasons to suppose however that the play had been in Colwell's hands some time before it was printed, and it may well be identical with the Dyccon of Bedlam for which he took out a licence in 1562-1563, "Diccon the Bedlem" being the first of the dramatis personae of Gammer Gurton.
- The value of the letters lies in the fact that in them we get behind Cicero and are face to face with the other dramatis personae; also that we are admitted behind the scenes and read the secret history of the times.
- felicity of style which is peculiarly Scott's own; the very happy names which he gives his dramatis personae.Advertisement
- I'm trying to piece together the jigsaw of musical personae into which he hacks up his hefty output.
- I Hamlet's mourning black seems to be a form of armor which Milton's poetic personae prefer to wear.
- What to look for The first matter to search for is the dramatis personae of a case.
- In the volume of poems published in 1722 Ramsay had shown his bent to this genre, especially in "Patie and Roger," which supplies two of the dramatis personae to his greater work.
- In redhibitory actions (for the annulment of sales), if a slave were returned to the seller, so must also be his parents, brothers and personae contubernio conjunctae.Advertisement
- the placetum regium, recursus ab abusu, nominatio regia, afid that of vetoing the nomination of personae minus gratae.