Perse sentence example
- A company was formed in the same year and started business at Teheran in 1890 as the Banque des Prts de Perse.
- For accounts of Mirkhond's life see De Sacy's "Notice sur Mirkhond" in his Memoires sur diverses antiquates de la Perse (Paris, 1 793); Jourdain's "Notice de l'histoire universelle de Mirkhond" in the Notices et extraits, vol.
- The second half was a slightly different affair with the Leys exerting far more control over a visibly tiring Perse midfield.
- Valuables: It is important that boys at the Perse get into the habit of leaving their valuables safely locked away in lockers provided.
- James Perse: Here, you'll find a selection of Supima cotton robes that are neutral in tone and of heavier weight than your average cotton robe.Advertisement
- Jeremy Taylor was a pupil of Thomas Lovering, at the newly founded Perse grammar school.
- He was elected a Perse scholar in 1628, and fellow of his college in 1633, but the best evidence of his diligence as a student is the enormous learning of which he showed so easy a command in after years.
- Labourt, Le Christianisme dans l'empire Perse (Paris, 1904), chaps.
- 4 Babhai the Elder, a leading Nestorian 1 See a full account of his career in Labourt, Le Christianisme dans l'empire perse, pp. 163-191.
- The princess wrote Aventures de la tour de Perse, in which, under the veil of fictitious scenes and names, she tells the history of her own time.Advertisement
- Among his works on the subject of Assyriology are: Recueil d'alphabets des ecritures cuneiformes (1860); Expose des elements de la grammaire assyrienne (1868); Le Syllabaire assyrien (2 vols., 1869-1873); Les Langues perdues de la Perse et del' Assyrie (2 vols., 1885-1886); Les Pierres gravees de la Haute-Asie (2 vols., 1883-1886).
- He was Louis, count of Vermandois, son of Louise de la Valliere (Memoires secrets pour servir d l'histoire de Perse, Amsterdam, 1745); Vermandois, however, died in 1683.
- In 1891 another Belgian company, Socit anonyme des verreries nationales de Perse, opened a glass factory in Teherr~, but the difficulty of obtaining the raw material cheaply and in large quantities was too ereat to make it a paving concern~ and the factory had to be closed.
- A third Belgian company, Socit anonyme pour Ia fabrication du sucre en Perse, with a large capital, then came to Persia, and began making beetroot sugar in the winter of 1895.
- Labort, Le Christian-isme dans lempire perse sous Ia dynastte sassanide (1904); Harnack, Die Mission und Ausbreitunt des Chrestenthums in den ersten drei Jahrhunderten, 2.Advertisement
- The most important works on the monuments are: Flandin et Coste, Voyage en Perse (6 vols., 1840 sqq.); Texier, LArmnie, La Perse, ella Mesopotamie (2 vols., 1842); Stolze, Persepolis (2 vols., 1882); Sarre, Iranische Felsreliefs (1908).
- Lorini, La Persia ecoijomica, Rome, 1900, pp. 164169; and Dr Feuvrier, Trois ens fi la cour de Perse, Paris, 1899, ch.
- Bernhard von Breydenbach, 8 Ausonius, Florus and others, arguing, it would seem, from its Hebrew and Greek names, concluded that olibanum came from Mount Lebanon; and Chardin (Voyage en Perse, &c., 1711) makes the statement that the frankincense tree grows in the mountains of Persia, particularly Caramania.