Peroxisome sentence example
- To complement genetic approaches we are establishing a confocal based screen for small molecules that interfere with peroxisome biogenesis.
- By definition, a peroxisome must contain catalase, which is an enzyme that breaks down hydrogen peroxide.
- Approximately 50 different biochemical reactions occur entirely or partially within a peroxisome.
- The peroxisome is involved in breaking down VLCFAs to lengths that the body can use or get rid of.
- The range of disease abnormalities may be a result of a corresponding range of peroxisome failure.Advertisement
- For example, in severe cases of ZS, the failure is nearly complete, while in IRD, there is some degree of peroxisome activity.
- In peroxisomal single-enzyme disorders, the peroxisome is intact and functioning, but there is a defect in only one enzymatic process, with only one corresponding biochemical abnormality.