Peristaltic sentence example
- One effect he describes is that, after taking opium, " The peristaltic Motion of the Intestines becomes more languid.
- Peristaltic pumps put a high demand on replacement tubes.
- Stimulant and irritant laxatives increase the peristaltic movement of the intestine.
- Lactulose may also increase peristaltic action of the intestine.
- The third body region or trunk may attain a great length, one or two feet, or even more, and is also muscular, but the truncal muscles are of subordinate importance in locomotion, serving principally to promote the peristaltic contractions of the body by which the food is carried through the gut.Advertisement
- (All from Pintner.) the worm and to resist the peristaltic action of the intestine in which it lives, and are not connected directly with the absorption of food.
- As food particles pass in through the mouth they become enveloped in a slimy substance (secreted by the endostyle) and conveyed down the gut by the action of the vibratile cilia as a continuous food-rope, the peristaltic movements of the gut-wall being very feeble.
- capsicum frutescens aids in assimilation, elimination, peristaltic motion, circulatory system function, the formation of tissue in the stomach.
- A Larox peristaltic pump is one of the few that can handle kieselguhr.