Perishes sentence example
- It is biennial and often perishes on some soils.
- In the third book he applies the principles of the atomic philosophy to explain the nature of the mind and vital principle, with the view of showing that the soul perishes with the body.
- All heathendom is gathered together against Jerusalem and perishes there.
- None of his great orations has survived, a loss regretted by Pitt more than that of the missing books of Livy and Tacitus, and no art perishes more completely with its possessor than that of oratory.
- In many Dicotyledons and most Monocotyledons, the primary root soon perishes, and its place is taken by adventitious roots developed from the stem.Advertisement
- But he taught further - and here we trace the influence of the current gnosticism on Marcion - that only the spirit of man is saved by the good God; the body, because material, perishes.
- It follows that the soul perishes with, and in the same sense as, the body.
- In the former verses Esau is destroyed by his allies, and they occupy his territory, but in the latter he perishes with the other heathen in the day of universal retribution, he disappears before the victorious advance of Israel, and the southern Judaeans occupy his land.'
- Unfortunately while descending he falls into the boiling pan in the fire below and perishes.
- As it sometimes perishes in winter, it is advisable to keep reserve plants in pots.Advertisement
- If planted in earth alone, where the drainage is imperfect, it usually perishes in winter.
- It has not, however, the hardiness of the white kinds, and perishes on heavy soils in winter; on light sandy soils in the rock garden it is pretty.
- It thrives near the coast in Southern Ireland and in Wicklow at Mr Actons, but soon perishes in less favoured places.
- In winter it perishes in heavy, rich clays when on the level ground.
- California. Seeds are not abundantly produced, but the plants may be increased from cuttings of half-matured shoots in summer, but it often perishes, and seeds should give the most enduring plants.Advertisement
- In Italy they are used to form green turf in lieu of grass, which perishes from the heat.
- She represses many memories and nearly perishes in a fire.
- Klaatu perishes before Helen can get to the saucer, but Gort takes Helen and Klaatu and tucks them away safely.