Perilously sentence example
- It was balanced perilously between a small town that lacked only a sheriff, and a booming frontier town.
- Years elapsed, however, before his nerves, which had been so perilously overstrained, recovered their tone.
- To me " gossip " sounds perilously close to " tabloid sensationalism ".
- All seemed to be in perilously dangerous situations, clinging to the sheer walls with outstretched arms and spread legs, somehow adhered to the clear surface before them.
- They were perilously weak in the House of Commons, and affairs abroad, in which they had small practice and no prestige, were alarming.Advertisement
- His limitation of theological knowledge to the bounds of human need might, if logically pressed, run perilously near phenomenalism; and his epistemology ("we only know things in their activities") does not cover this weakness.
- With Alex, the relationship seemed to be either grinding up a long hill or plunging perilously toward the depths of despair.