Perdue sentence example
- As early as the pyramid times solid casting by cire perdue was already used for figures: but the copper statues of Pepi and his son seem, by their thinness and the piecing together of the parts, to have been entirely hammered out.
- By the time of the XIIth Dynasty, and perhaps earlier, cire perdue casting over an ash core became usual.
- Their exact method is not certainly known, but it appears probable that they were acquainted with the process now called a cire perdue - the same as that employed by the great Italian artists in bronze.
- Besides a tragedy, Sylla, the chief piece thus assigned is L'Occasion perdue recouverte, a rather loose tale in verse.
- They are frequently stated to be of beaten bronze, but they are really castings, apparently by the cire perdue process.Advertisement