Perdition sentence example
- The idea of destruction or perdition is thus a secondary meaning of the word, which gradually lost its primary sense of consecration.
- Capernaum shall go to perdition; Jerusalem shall be a desolate ruin.
- He resigned himself to watch her drift towards perdition.
- Let no thought of the morrow enter your mind, else you will incur everlasting perdition.
- He main.tained the institutions of the day, though seeking to diminish their abuse, and he perfected material details; but misfortune would have it that instead of remaining a great military administrator he flattered Louis XIV.s megalomania, and thus caused his perdition.Advertisement
- Dorner maintains that hopeless perdition can be the penalty only of the deliberate rejection of the Gospel, that those who have not had the opportunity of choice fairly and fully in this life will get it hereafter, but that the right choice will in all cases be made we cannot be confident.
- Law's performances in Road to Perdition, The Talented Mr. Ripley, and Cold Mountain catapulted him to stardom.
- Considered one of the most bankable stars in Hollywood, Law has appeared in Road to Perdition, A.I.
- As a Rosicrucian Wollner dabbled in alchemy and other mystic arts, but he also affected to be zealous for Christian orthodoxy, imperilled by Frederick II.'s patronage of "enlightenment," and a few months before Frederick's death wrote to his friend the Rosicrucian Johann Rudolph von Bischoffswerder (1741-1803) that his highest ambition was to be placed at the head of the religious department of the state "as an unworthy instrument in the hand of Ormesus" (the prince of Prussia's Rosicrucian name) "for the purpose of saving millions of souls from perdition and bringing back the whole country to the faith of Jesus Christ."
- He did not minutely analyse the doctrine of predestination as Luther, Calvin and Zwingli did, contenting himself with the summary "Our Salvation is of God, our perdition of ourselves."Advertisement
- The whole world will be worshiping Satan and the son of perdition.