Percolated sentence example
- The well-water was supposed to have percolated underground, through the Blythesdale Braystone, which outcrops in patches on the eastern edge of the Rolling Downs formation.
- At some distance from the shaft a square water-tight wall was built, and the space between it and the shaft was filled in with sand, which was purified of all saline matter by repeated washings; on the ground-level perforated stones set at the four corners of the basin admitted the rain-water, which was discharged from the roofs by lead pipes; this water filtered through the sand and percolated into the shaft of the well, whence it was drawn in copper buckets.
- - xv.) are no more than might have percolated to him through hearing and botanically in his allegory.
- Far larger than the secular is the religious popular literature; it comprises many apocryphal tales from the Old and the New Testaments, and not a few of the heretical tales circulated by the various sects of Asia Minor and Thracia, which percolated into Rumania through the medium of Slavonic. A brief enumeration of the chief tales must suffice.
- percolated coffee as consumed.Advertisement
- percolated through the rock picking up salts on its way.
- The hoax apparently had been revealed in France some years before but had n't percolated its way through to English speaking ufologists.
- This provides a much more sporting character and in some ways is surprising that it has not also percolated into at least the ZR.
- percolated up into the cabinet.
- percolated around in the back of my head.Advertisement