Perching sentence example
- She didn't answer but returned to the couch, perching on the edge.
- She rose, still wobbly, and crossed to the bed, perching on it beside Ully.
- There are many perching birds, e.g.
- There is a large variety of perching birds, including several species of brilliant plumage - sun-birds, kingfishers, rollers and flycatchers, &c.; kites, hawks and owls are numerous, and the lakes and marshes abound with water-fowl and herons, ibises, &c.
- My attention was drawn by commotion this bird caused among the three perching Wood Pigeons.Advertisement
- A perching stool will enable you to rest comfortably at a suitable height for a kitchen work surface.
- I see a mistle thrush perching on a wall across the river, a species that I now realize we never saw in Mallorca.
- Near the entrance we saw house wren, a perching gray hawk, an abundance of great kiskadees and several other flycatcher species.
- Cats are inherently mysterious animals, and so many of their habits such as scratching, kneading and perching are distinctively peculiar.
- You'll find an igloo-shaped cat bed, cat clouds shelves for perching and litter box furniture.Advertisement
- Rhyn took a deep breath before perching on a boulder outside the walls.
- They have told us how he never shot at a bird perching nor fished with a net, the creatures not having in such a case a fair chance for their lives; how he conducted himself in court and among villagers; how he ate his food, and lay in his bed, and sat in his carriage; how he rose up before the old man and the mourner; how he changed countenance when it thundered, and when he saw a grand display of viands at a feast.
- There are several Robins perching at intervals along the towpath hedge, a Wren and a few fieldfares.
- We've rounded up four of the current front-runners to decide which is worth perching on top of your hi-fi.