Perceptibly sentence example
- As the summer of 1806 wore on, his policy perceptibly hardened.
- One of his legs twitches just perceptibly, but rapidly.
- It fuses considerably below and is perceptibly volatile at a red heat.
- The Odyssey is in this respect perceptibly below the level of the Iliad.
- In' 154 fell Damascus, and the crescent closed perceptibly in the north: the most valuable ally of the kingdom was lost, and the way seemed clear from Aleppo (the peculiar seat of Nureddin's power) into Egypt.Advertisement
- In the suras of the second period the imaginative glow perceptibly diminishes; there is still fire and animation, but the tone becomes gradually more prosaic.
- The oxides of lead, barium, zinc and antimony are found perceptibly to retard the rays.
- Pierre's confusion was not reflected by any confusion on Natasha's part, but only by the pleasure that just perceptibly lit up her whole face.
- 589619) insisted on the accuracy of the pronunciation ac quired there, although it diverged perceptibly from the pronuncia tion already recognized in Japan.
- But in consequence of the humidity of the climate of England it is better to suppose the air to be (on the average) two-thirds saturated with aqueous vapour, and then the standard temperature will be reduced to 60° F., so as to secure the same standard density; the density of the air being reduced perceptibly by the presence of the aqueous vapour.Advertisement
- The attitude of the government on the Afghan question and generally in regard to Russia was held by many to have been perceptibly stiffened owing to Lord Rosebery's influence.
- von Beetz that the coherence is apparent only, and that the place where the jet breaks into drops is not perceptibly shifted by the electricity.
- Callendar); at a bright-red heat it perceptibly vapourizes, and boils at a temperature between 1450° and 1600°.
- For the fusion of the dry hydrate nickel vessels cannot be used; in fact, even silver is perceptibly attacked as soon as all the excess of water is away; absolutely pure KHO can be produced only in gold vessels.
- Callendar); at a bright-red heat it perceptibly vapourizes, and boils at a temperature between 1450Ã‚° and 1600Ã‚°.Advertisement
- But in consequence of the humidity of the climate of England it is better to suppose the air to be (on the average) two-thirds saturated with aqueous vapour, and then the standard temperature will be reduced to 60Ã‚° F., so as to secure the same standard density; the density of the air being reduced perceptibly by the presence of the aqueous vapour.
- The spore sown at I I A.M., as shown at a, had swollen (b) perceptibly by noon, and had germinated by 3.30 P.M., as shown at c: in d at 6 P.M., and e at 8.30 P.M.; the resulting filament is segmenting into bacilli as it elongates, and at midnight (f) consisted of twelve such segments.
- In 2006, Lynn Marie Latham took over as head writer and the show's pacing shifted perceptibly.