Percept sentence example
- Every percept is such a starting-point; it is an immediate certainty, remaining with us unmodified as the basis 1 Deontology, p. 42.
- The reality of the external object is a necessary condition, to exclude hallucinations of the senses; the exact correspondence between the external object and the internal percept is also necessary, but naturally hard to secure, for how can we compare the two?
- On the other hand, Hume is certainly right in holding that the distinctive character of a percept as compared with an image is in all ordinary cases the force and liveliness with which it strikes the mind - the distinction, therefore, being one of quality, not of degree.
- Multiple channels must address how these separate motion signals are combined into a coherent motion percept.
- First he breaks up the percept.Advertisement
- Sense alone will never create orderly experience, as empiricism supposed; but a group of sensations reacted on by thought does so; it becomes, it is, a percept.
- An interesting question is how these different sources of visual information are combined to form a unified percept.
- The way I feel determines which method I use, and that decision defines the way I percept my surroundings.
- Sensory Fusion Present each eye with different stimulus If sensory fusion intact - patient will report a combined percept.
- The nasal percept does not depend on continuity between the formants of the vowel and nasal consonant.Advertisement
- There is some evidence to suggest that " bright " or " dull " timbres can produce a bias in the pitch percept.
- Slightly different images presented to the two eyes results in a depth percept.
- A contrast of the segregated percept minus the fused percept showed parietal and occipital activation on the bank of the right intraparietal sulcus.
- The formant structure of the nasal prototype has little effect on the nasal percept when it is preceded by a vowel.