Penicillamine sentence example
- Other drugs that have been used to treat JA include methotrexate, sulfasalazine, penicillamine, and hydroxychloroquine.
- Furthermore, therapy for these diseases can sometimes induce the disease, Eg penicillamine inducing drug-induced lupus in rheumatoid patients.
- After an initial period of treatment with penicillamine, Wilson's disease may be treated with zinc (150 mg oral Zn/day).
- It is fatal unless the patient complies with lifelong treatment with penicillamine and zinc oxidase.
- The three most common chelating agents are calcium disodium edetate, dimercaprol (BAL), and penicillamine.Advertisement
- Edetate calcium disodium (EDTA calcium) and dimercaprol (BAL) are given through an intravenous line or in shots, while succimer (Chemet) and penicillamine (Cuprimine, Depen) are taken by mouth.
- Penicillamine (Cuprimine, Depen)-A drug used to treat medical problems (such as excess copper in the body and rheumatoid arthritis) and to prevent kidney stones.
- Zinc may also interfere with Penicillamine.