Penetrance sentence example
- Human genetic studies are impeded by inconsistent loss of genetic material, variable expressivity, and decreased penetrance.
- Whether the cat is heterozygous or homozygous for W, the blue eyes and deafness have incomplete penetrance.
- However, decreased penetrance of a particular gene defect cannot be excluded.
- There is a 50 per cent chance of parents passing on the gene, although with reduced penetrance.
- A better understanding of the factors that underlie variable penetrance in mutation carriers is needed to augment our ability to counsel individual women.Advertisement
- Last November, the HFEA launched a public debate on testing embryos for ' lower penetrance ', late onset genetic disorders.
- All these conditions are ' high penetrance ' - meaning that people who have the gene are extremely likely to develop the condition.
- Most studies suggest that Tourette syndrome is an autosomal dominant disorder with decreased penetrance.
- Decreased penetrance means that not all people who inherit the abnormal gene develop symptoms.
- For persons with a ganglion growth beyond the sigmoid segment of the colon, the inheritance pattern is autosomal dominant with reduced penetrance (risk closer to 50 percent).Advertisement