Pen-name sentence example
- Alexander Carlyle, the famous divine (1 77 2-1805), whose Memorials of his Times still affords fascinating reading, ministered for fifty-five years in the parish church, in the graveyard of which lies David Macbeth Moir (1798-1851), who under the pen-name of " Delta " wrote Mansie Wauch, a masterpiece of Scots humour and pathos.
- He went to the mines for a season, and there he began to write in the local newspapers, adopting the pen name of "Mark Twain," from a call used in taking soundings on the Mississippi steamboats.
- Warlomont (1860-1889), known under the pen-name of " Max Waller."
- Adams, Village Communities of Cape Ann and Salem (Baltimore, 1883); Eleanor Putnam (the pen-name of Mrs Arlo Bates), Old Salem (Boston, 1886); C. H.
- OSCAR O'FLAHERTIE WILLS WILDE (1856-1900), English author, son of Sir William Wilde, a famous Irish surgeon, was born in Dublin on the 15th of October 1856; his mother, Jane Francisca Elgee, was well known in Dublin as a graceful writer of verse and prose, under the pen-name of "Speranza."Advertisement
- From 1807 until his death he was an associate justice of the United States Supreme Court, and he wrote political pamphlets under the pen-name "Decius."
- His father, Cecil Day-Lewis, is the Poet Laureate of England and a successful author (under the pen name Nicholas Blake) and his mother, Jill Balcon, was an actress.
- In this case, working without a byline or using a pen name may be a better option.
- Some people prefer to write their blogs anonymously or under a pen name.