Pelting sentence example
- The storm roared in through the ceiling, hail and water pelting her body while thunder deafened her.
- Rusty is a little trickier, but you can distract him by pelting him with firecrackers first.
- Part of the fun is tossing obstacles into your co-players dance routines and disrupting their rhythm, which is almost but not quite as satisfying as pelting friends with obstacles in Mario Kart.
- He hit the ground with a grunt, one ear ringing and his face stinging from pelting, hot debris.
- It remained overcast and I could hear the rain pelting the roof and a murmur of voices below.Advertisement
- These they could not see, but they could feel them pelting the buggy top, and Jim screamed almost like a human being when a stone overtook him and struck his boney body.
- 4 On the similar pelting of the supposed graves of Abu Lahab and his wife (Ibn Jubair, p. I io) and of Abu Righal at Mughammas, see Noldeke's translation of Tabari, p. 208.
- Thunder tumbled down the San Juan Mountains, heralding the arrival of pelting rain that turned the Jeep road into a surging stream and the sky to an ominous shade of raven black.