Pelted sentence example
- At a Friday service in the great mosque `Amr was insulted and pelted with pebbles.
- The building swayed gently in the strong winds whipping through southern Florida, and water pelted the windows across from her.
- The rain pelted against my pants, sticking them to my skin.
- The visual of Kirk opening the bin supposedly holding the supply of special seed grain they are transporting to a colony and being pelted with stuffed tribbles has entered the cultural iconography.
- They cried out that he was unworthy of his office, and pelted him with the citrons which they were carrying as the Law prescribed.Advertisement
- Witnessing Rasmus being severely pelted with mud, rocks, firecrackers and urine.
- In defending his proposals Mr Disraeli gave full scope to his most characteristic gifts; he pelted his opponents right and left with sarcasms, taunts and epigrams. Gladstone delivered an unpremeditated reply, which has ever since been celebrated.
- The establishment at Rakow was suppressed in 1638, two lads having pelted a crucifix outside the town.
- To the confusion of his father and brothers he went about dressed in rags, so that his old companions pelted him with mud.
- Deer, Chinese and East Indian.-Small, light, pelted skins, the majority of which are used for mats.Advertisement