Pellagra sentence example
- There and in Lombardy the disease known as pellagra is most widely diffused.
- Extreme niacin deficiency results in a condition called pellagra, one of the negative side effects.
- The peasantry suffer much from pellagra.
- Malaria, dysentery and the vitamin deficiency disease pellagra attacked the prisoners.
- In those with carcinoid syndrome features of pellagra, tricuspid regurgitation or pulmonary stenosis may be present.Advertisement
- Niacin deficiency results in pellagra, which involves skin rashes and scabs, diarrhea, and mental depression.
- Niacin supplementation prevents pellagra, a disease that occurs in people who rely heavily on corn as the main source of food and who do not eat much meat or milk.
- A bill for the better prevention of pellagra was introduced in the spring of 1902.
- Pellagra causes skin lesions that appear to be leprosy, sensitivity to light, aggression, insomnia, weakness, mental confusion, paralysis of limbs, diarrhea and eventually dementia.
- Pellagra was common in the past when poverty led to malnutrition or where corn was a main staple and was prepared and stored in such a way that niacin was depleted from food.Advertisement