Pele sentence example
- After being signed to play professionally, Pele became one of the best soccer players in the world.
- The pele tower, built to shelter the family from the border raiders, dates from 1340.
- Since the Rev. William Ellis and a party of American missionaries first made the volcano known to the civilized ' Among the minqr phenomena of Hawaiian volcanoes are the delicate glassy fibres called Pele's hair by the Hawaiians, which are spun by the wind from the rising and falling drops of liquid lava, and blown over the edge or into the crevices of the crater.
- During the later Middle Ages the Pele Tower was developed to resist the almost ceaseless raiding that characterized the Anglo-Scottish frontier.
- Pele towers were virtually impregnable stone built tower houses with walls three to four feet thick.Advertisement
- The ruins of stone pele towers are found in the surrounding moorland.
- Pele could play anywhere, so could George Best, and Stanley Matthews was absolutely peerless.
- Chillingham Castle is a fourteenth century four corner towered building, constructed around an old pele tower.
- Pele in idolatrous times was the dreaded goddess of Kilauea.
- The ohelo berry is famous in song and story, and formerly served as a propitiatory offering to Pele.Advertisement
- Pele was born Edison Arantes do Nascimento, in Tres Coracoes, Brazil.
- While they made shoes suitable for all sports, they became most famous for their soccer shoes, thanks to a 1970 deal with the superstar Pele.