Peeped sentence example
- He could see its shadow as he peeped out through the clusters of leaves.
- A tiny yellow flower peeped from under the log and she leaned down to examine it.
- That pretend Paris was peeped by former Hilton B.F.F.
- When it was light I peeped through the portholes and saw Belfast 's dull wharves and warehouses looking sulky in the gray morning mist.
- When it was light I peeped through the portholes and saw Belfast's dull wharves and warehouses looking sulky in the gray morning mist.Advertisement
- One night she left her husband sound asleep, tiptoed downstairs and peeped through a crack of the door.
- From the front window upon the left of the door there peeped a glimmer of a feeble light.
- A real estate sign advertising a house for sale peeped out from tall grass beside the road.
- Smiling unnaturally and muttering to himself, he first sat down on the sofa in an attitude of despair, then rose, went to the door of the reception room and peeped through the crack, returned flourishing his arms, and took up a book.
- The anemone, the wild violet, the hepatica, and the funny little curled-up ferns all peeped out at us from beneath the brown leaves.Advertisement
- Soothsaying was no modern importation in Arabia; its characteristic form - a monotonous croon of short rhyming clauses - is the same as was practised by the Hebrew " wizards who peeped and muttered " in the days of Isaiah, and that this form was native in Arabia is clear from its having a technical name (saj`), which in Hebrew survives only in derivative words with modified sense.'