Peeped sentence example
- He could see its shadow as he peeped out through the clusters of leaves.
- A tiny yellow flower peeped from under the log and she leaned down to examine it.
- Smiling unnaturally and muttering to himself, he first sat down on the sofa in an attitude of despair, then rose, went to the door of the reception room and peeped through the crack, returned flourishing his arms, and took up a book.
- The anemone, the wild violet, the hepatica, and the funny little curled-up ferns all peeped out at us from beneath the brown leaves.
- A real estate sign advertising a house for sale peeped out from tall grass beside the road.Advertisement
- Soothsaying was no modern importation in Arabia; its characteristic form - a monotonous croon of short rhyming clauses - is the same as was practised by the Hebrew " wizards who peeped and muttered " in the days of Isaiah, and that this form was native in Arabia is clear from its having a technical name (saj`), which in Hebrew survives only in derivative words with modified sense.'
- That pretend Paris was peeped by former Hilton B.F.F.
- tiptoed downstairs and peeped through a crack of the door.
- palpitateed out of bed, all palpitating with fear, and peeped round the corner of my dressing-room door.
- When it was light I peeped through the portholes and saw Belfast 's dull wharves and warehouses looking sulky in the gray morning mist.Advertisement
- From the front window upon the left of the door there peeped a glimmer of a feeble light.
- peeped through the curtains, just to make sure That the woman next door wasn't home.
- When it was light I peeped through the portholes and saw Belfast's dull wharves and warehouses looking sulky in the gray morning mist.
- One night she left her husband sound asleep, tiptoed downstairs and peeped through a crack of the door.