Pedlars sentence example
- Two pedlars arrived at the north side of the river seeking admittance by the Auld Brig [still in use] .
- But the lower orders were excited by reports that the Armenians, supported by the European powers, were plotting the overthrow of the sultan; and their cupidity was aroused by the prospect of wiping out their heavy debts to Armenian pedlars and merchants.
- Here are pedlars of Nostradamus, and writers of newspaper horoscopes, and academics preaching the End of History... Hmm.
- Sunday trains attracted pedlars and other undesirables who lined the road between the station and Bolton Abbey.
- In a few of the older districts, too, where land is least valuable, there are antique one-storeyed houses, surrounded by poplars and acacias; while the gipsies and Rumans, wearing their brightly coloured native costumes, the Russian coachmen, or sleighdrivers, of the banished Lipovan sect, and the pedlars, with their doleful street cries, render Bucharest unlike any western capital.Advertisement