Pectus sentence example
- Pectus excavatum is a malformation of the chest in which the child's breastbone, or sternum, is sunken inward.
- Although pectus carinatum does not cause breathing difficulties, it can cause embarassment about appearance.
- A few children with Marfan may have a pectus excavatum on one side of their chest and a pectus carinatum on the other.
- Pectus excavatum and pectus carinatum can be treated by surgery.
- In pectus excavatum, the deformed breastbone and ribs are raised and straightened by a metal bar.Advertisement
- Pectus carinatum-An abnormality of the chest in which the sternum (breastbone) is pushed outward.
- Pectus excavatum-An abnormality of the chest in which the sternum (breastbone) sinks inward; sometimes called "funnel chest."