Pearse sentence example
- Hugh Price Hughes and Mark Guy Pearse began the West London Mission.
- Sir Eyre Coote, the victor of Wandiwash, was sent by sea to relieve Madras with all the men and money available, while Colonel Pearse marched south overland to overawe the raja of Berar and the nizam.
- Here and there, rising abruptly from its surface, are to be seen isolated peaks, the most characteristic of which are Valentine's Peak (3637 feet) and Mount Pearse.
- By 1909, Patrick Pearse had developed some political leanings.
- Should we not question the Irishness of PÃ¡draic Pearse whose father was an English monumental sculptor who settled in Ireland?Advertisement
- Sir Eyre Coote, a general of renown in former Carnatic wars, was sent by sea to Madras with all the troops and treasure that could be got together; and a strong body of reinforcements subsequently marched southwards under Colonel Pearse along the coast line of Orissa.
- Pearse's detachment was decimated by an epidemic of cholera (perhaps the first mention of this disease by name in Indian history); but the survivors penetrated to Madras, and not only held in check Bhonsla and the nizam, but also corroborated the lesson taught by Goddard - that the Company's sepoys could march anywhere, when boldly led.
- The show is hosted by Clive Pearse of the show Designed To Sell.
- Also read host Clvie Pearse's blog to get all the inside gossip, or steal some design tips from Vern Yip!
- Host Clive Pearse reveled that each contestant would be working individually for this challenge, for the first time in the competition.Advertisement
- Armed with the clients' view of their kitchen, plus photos and floor plans, Clive Pearse told the contestants they would have 24 hours to individually draw up plans for the new kitchen and then pitch their idea to Tom and Kelly.
- Host Clive Pearse told the designers it would be up to them how literally they took the color theme - would they use the color throughout their design, or only incorporate splashes?
- Clive Pearse visited the contestants on day two of the challenge to drop a bombshell - after finishing their rooms, they would be required to "present" the rooms "TV presenter style" to the judges.
- The show followed a talk show format, with host Clive Pearse showing clips of past episodes and interviewing each of the contestants.