Pearl-shell sentence example
- In Queensland waters there are about 300 vessels, and on the Western Australian coast about 450 licensed craft engaged in the industry, the annual value of pearl-shell and pearls raised being nearly half a million sterling.
- But the Torres Straits islanders are employed by Europeans in the pearl shell fishery, and are good labourers; and in some of the Kei and Aru Islands the Papuan inhabitants form orderly Christian communities.
- European industries include gold mining, in which 500 miners, besides natives, are engaged (chiefly in the Louisiade Archipelago), and the beche de mer and pearl-shell fisheries, which were formerly more productive than at present.
- The British islands are under a resident commissioner, and have some trade in copra, ivory, nuts, pearl shell and other produce.
- The inhabitants, who number one to two hundred, speak Sokotri and Arabic and are chiefly engaged in diving for pearl shell on the Bacchus Bank N.E.Advertisement
- Turtles, trepang and pearl-shell are of some commercial importance.
- A very sweet English antique Victorian mother of pearl shell belt buckle, perfect for customizing your vintage chic or antique chic outfits.