Peals sentence example
- All shops and public houses closed and muffled peals on the church bells.
- In all he rang peals at 288 towers, 54 of which were rings of twelve.
- Despite last minute setbacks, peal weekend went well, with five out of six peal weekend went well, with five out of six peals being scored.
- There were 30 more tower bell peals in 2005 compared with 2004.
- The highlights include: Ringing peals at a number of towers including all the 12s and the Swan Sixteen in Perth.Advertisement
- Modern tiaras come with a wide variety of accents -- peals, crystals, semi-precious or colored stones, gold, silver -- remember to choose something you love and makes you feel beautiful!
- A card that is just too funny for words often results in unstoppable peals of laughter.
- Katie piled the potatoes in another pan and picked it up, along with the knife and a bag of peals.
- He uttered his short, weighty, and pointed sentences with a power of voice, and a justness and energy of emphasis, of which the effect was rather increased than diminished by the rollings of his huge form, and by the asthmatic gaspings and puffings in which the peals of his eloquence generally ended.
- As I entered the anteroom I heard Andrusha's peals of laughter and that meant that all was well.Advertisement
- Ouh! ouh! came peals of such healthy and good-humored laughter from the soldiers that it infected the French involuntarily, so much so that the only thing left to do seemed to be to unload the muskets, explode the ammunition, and all return home as quickly as possible.