Peafowl sentence example
- Early morning before everyone wakes up is best to see the wild peafowl that loaf in this area.
- These include green peafowl, lesser fishing eagle, red-headed vulture and crested kingfisher.
- On the east coast peafowl are found, and throughout the interior the argus pheasant, the firebacked pheasant, the blue partridge, the adjutantbird, several kinds of heron and crane, duck, teal, cotton-teal, snipe, wood-pigeon, green-pigeon of several varieties, swifts, swallows pied-robins, hornbills, parakeets, fly-catchers, nightjars, and many other kinds of bird are met with frequently.
- Its prey is said to consist largely of gazelles, small deer, hares and peafowl and other birds.
- The male peafowl soon flew down from its roost and was joined by a female which it occasionally displayed to.Advertisement
- Rasorial birds, such as peafowl, junglefowl, pheasants and partridges, though well represented in the Arakan hills, are rare in the islands; while a third of the different species found are peculiar to the Andamans.
- Helping with the return of the green peafowl to Peninsular Malaysia In the early 1960s the green peafowl became extinct from Peninsular Malaysia.
- It preys upon almost any animal it can overcome, such as antelopes, deer, sheep, goats, monkeys, peafowl, and has a special liking for dogs.