Peacetime sentence example
- Buncefield oil depot fire ' Europe's biggest peacetime blaze ' sent a pall of black smoke across large parts of southern England.
- Together with Allies, we also have modified the readiness criteria for forces with a nuclear role and terminated standing peacetime nuclear contingency plans.
- For Mr Blair is easily the worst peacetime Prime Minister of the past hundred years.
- The biggest peacetime logistical challenge the Army has ever faced.
- In peacetime it is only necessary to billet troops in the villages of any district and the number of fires in that district immediately increases.Advertisement
- Military veterans with war and peacetime service experience are eligible to apply for VA loans, assuming their service discharge was honorable.
- The winners were given plaster reproductions which were then traded back for the real thing once peacetime reigned again.
- A Knights Templar uniform, whether dressed for peacetime or battle, was plain.
- Lt. General Edmund Gregory, Quartermaster General, noted that this was a common occurrence during peacetime, and that when the soldiers went back into battle the U.S. had to start by re-designing the uniform.