Peace-treaty sentence example
- After a long discussion the peace treaty was ratified by the United States Senate on the 6th of February 1899; and in accordance with its terms Porto Rico, the Philippine Archipelago, and Guam were transferred by Spain to the United States, and Cuba came under American jurisdiction pending the establishment there of an independent government.
- In about eighteen months they managed to drive the rebels into the eastern districts of the island, Puerto Principe and Santiago de Cuba, and induced all but a few irreconcilable chiefs to accept a convention that became famous under the name of the peace treaty of Zanjon.
- Thus ended a struggle which only left Spain the Carolines and a few other islands in the Pacific, which she sold to Germany in 1899 for 800,000, and a couple of islands which were left out in the delimitation made by the Paris peace treaty of the 12th of December 1898, and for which America paid 20,000 in 1900.
- He thought for a long moment, knowing no peace treaty could be reached with Qatwal.
- Under a formal peace treaty signed in 1947, the Finns agreed to cede territory to the then USSR and pay reparation.Advertisement
- We have, for example, a bilateral peace treaty between equals, signed with Russia on 12 May 1997.
- It doesn't matter if the injustice is small, like dividing a chocolate bar in unequal halves, or a large one like drawing up an international peace treaty.
- In 1847, just one year after Fredericksburg had begun, Meusebach signed a peace treaty with the Comanche - and this has remained unbroken to this very day!
- Vedek Bareil died in a tragic shuttle accident during negotiations with the Cardassians for a peace treaty.
- An environmental disaster on one of the Klingon planets has opened up the possibility of a peace treaty with the Federation.Advertisement
- The Romulans appear to want a peace treaty!
- Several members, including Qatwal, may be willing to aid you in regaining your planet after you've reached a peace treaty.
- The Piedmontese government rightly regarded this measure as a violation of the peace treaty of 1850, and Cavour recalled the Piedmontese minister from Vienna, an action which was endorsed by Italian public opinion generally, and won the approval of France and England.
- The Liberal party and Sagasta paid the penalty of their lack of success, and directly the Cortes met in March 1899, after the peace treaty of the 1 oth of December 1898 with the United States, they were defeated in the senate.
- 11 1920 the Russo-Latvian peace treaty was signed, following the agreement of June 20 1920 regarding the recvacuation of war refugees, of whom about ioo,000 were supposed to be in Russia.Advertisement
- The state of war with Soviet Russia, however, continued until the Peace Treaty of July 12 1920, whereunder the Lithuanian claim to Vilna and Grodno was recognized by the Bolsheviks and Lithuania received three million rubles in gold and 100,000 hectares of forest land for exploitation.
- Had to sign a peace treaty with the USSR on its own.
- It was agreed that hostilities should cease on sea and, land, but that Spain should evacuate Cuba and Porto Rico pending the negotiations for a peace treaty which were to begin in Paris at the end of September 1898.