Paymasters sentence example
- They also acted as paymasters of the equites and of the soldiers on service in each tribe.
- It had been the usual practice of previous paymasters to appropriate to themselves the interest of all money lying in their hands by way of advance, and also to accept a commission of Z% on all foreign subsidies.
- When the bill became law in August he could not prevent the tenants from using it, but he did what he could to discourage them in order to please his American paymasters, who repudiated all parliamentary remedies.
- Severe discipline, suppression of fraudulent interference, furnishing of clothes and equipment by the king, regulation of rank among the officers, systematic revictualling of the army, settled means of manufacturing and furnishing arms and ammunition, placing of the army under the direct authority of the king, abolition Of great military charges, subordination of the governors of strongholds, control by the civil authority over the soldiers effected by means of paymasters and commissaries of stores; all this organization of the royal army was the work of le Tellier.
- He had proved this by his capable administration in the paymasters office at Limoges, from 1761 to 2774.Advertisement
- There would still have been a need to have a non-corporate funded candidate to pull the Democrats away from their corporate paymasters.
- Hopefully, Chesnutt's new paymasters will have the courage to stick with him, to indulge him, even.
- But the school system's political paymasters have traditionally seen schooling as an instrument of economic growth.
- Their terrorist paymasters are shown to be cold, bureaucratic, exploitative - and more than a little pompous.
- His party, and its union paymasters, are wedded to a philosophy which puts producers before customers.Advertisement
- It then aims to generate more awareness among the public, before taking it to other healthcare professionals and ultimately to government paymasters.
- The Labor Government proposed public sector pension reform last autumn and then backtracked in the face of opposition from their public sector union paymasters.